Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

We started the junior theme process yesterday, and I feel like I have already changed my topic ten times.  Every time I think I have my "why" question pinned down, something stands in my way, whether it's trying to explain it and finding that it makes no sense or whether it's not relevant to an issue today.  I started taking a look at the book Gang Leader For A Day by Sudhir Venkatesh and hopefully will get some good ideas from it.  So far (I'm on page 10, it's interesting and thought-provoking).

But, as of now, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2).


2 comments:

  1. Dani,
    I feel the same way. In the beginning of the week it felt like whenever I thought I had something, I couldn't formulate a why question. My topic ideas were also either too broad or too narrow. It was really frustrating for a long time but I was able to move past it and find a topic that I was truly interested in. Good luck with your topic in the future!

    p.s: how do you attach songs into posts? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I love how you incorporated a song into your post (I like how you managed to stick with your overall blog theme of this year by incorporating songs/lyrics into your posts). Also, I completely agree with both of you! The only difference for me was oddly, in the very beginning I felt like I was going in the right direction; I had my topic and why question. However, I ended up having to change my why question quite a few times, because some of them were either too narrow or too broad. It has been a frustrating process, but I think now I am well on my way. I have my question and central theme, but still have a ton of reading and research to do. I hope that your research and topic are going well!

    ReplyDelete