Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Driving on the wrong side of the road. Blindfolded.

As Chloe blogged about, I am also having trouble deciding what to focus on in my junior theme paper and what to cut completely out.  Each time I read an article, conduct an interview, listen to a radio piece, I uncover a new path to take my paper.  There are so many ways to go and I have written my into over and over to fit all my different ideas.

Another difficulty is in some of my body paragraphs, the information is overflowing.  I have to make cuts left and right, which is difficult but isn't a bad problem to have.  In a few of them on the otherhand, I have found that I have some information, but not enough evidence to back it up.  In those cases, I have to go back and refocus some of my research to find fitting evidence.

At some moments I feel like I'm driving a car, on the wrong side of the road, blindfolded, as I write this paper.  I think I'm starting to get back on the road, but hopefully I can do so before I total the car.

1 comment:

  1. Dani-
    I totally agree on the frustration of it all-- trying to figure out what to keep and what to take out, while making sure that we maintain empathy for the reader. It is a difficult but exciting process, and I can assure you that your car will not be totaled! Good luck driving the car forward, and finishing up the paper!

    ReplyDelete