Monday, January 3, 2011

High Five Chorus!

High Five Choir was recently featured in the Chicago Tribune.  Since my blog is a sort of a musical blog, I thought it was fitting, because the article, and video, show how music can have a such a positive impact on people.  It shows the way that music connects people, as it does everyday in High Five.  It is truely an amazing experience to be apart of such a diverse and accepting group.

Here is the article

Here is a video of High Five.  The girl who is speaking is Angela, my co-facilitator in High Five.

3 comments:

  1. Dani-
    I'm so glad you shared this link and video, I really enjoyed learning more about such a great program! I have a younger brother with autism and he will be attending New Trier next year, and this article got my mom even more excited for my brother to have the chance to join this group. That must be such a great experience for you, as well as everyone in the group! I agree with you, and think it is so cool that music truly can connect us all.
    P.S. This article fits really well with your music theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As another member of high five, this post speaks to me. It is so important that we express the capabilities of theses students. I also will be participating in the "Spread the Word to End the Word" Day. I hope you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooks-
    High Five is amazing, and I'm so glad your brother will be a part of it! That's what I love about music; it brings together all abilities, languages, races, etc.

    ReplyDelete