Monday, January 17, 2011

Meta-Post Numero Dos

This quarter, I included a LOT more music into my blog.  Some of the songs were just relating to an issue, as in Make That Change!, while others were complete lyric analysis such as in Is there life in America?.  Another way I incorporated music into my blog was referencing something about music and a subject that is very near and dear to my heart.  In my post High Five Chorus!, I mentioned briefly how music can have such a positive impact on people and then posted an article and a video explain what High Five is.  (If any of you have a few minutes, I urge you to watch the video and read the article.  It is quite inspirational.)

Also, when I was looking through my blogs from this last quarter, I realized that a few of my posts are MEGA post.  Some of them are so long, that I would even question reading them, and I wrote them!  For the next semester, I definitely want to work on the conciseness of my posts.  As I said in my first meta-post, I'm a ranter, and it definitely comes through in my blogging.

I tried linking to other sources as well this semester.  In one of my posts, Make That Change!, I linked to Olivia, another girl in my class' blog.  Another post, Post Secret: Childhood, I decided to post a "Post secret" that seemed to fit in with out discussions of childhood.

Also, I should probably work on spreading my posts throughout the quarter, as this one became a little cramped at the end.  This quarter though, I became almost obsessive with commenting.  I'm pretty sure I commented multiple times each week.  I would log into my account with full intent to put out my own blog post, and next thing I know, I'm commenting on my fourth post of the day.  I don't know what it was about commenting, but I sort of became addicted to it.

**Please read A Day in the Life

This post was one of my favorite ones to write.

1 comment:

  1. Dani,

    We especially love that you linked to one of your peers. This is what professional bloggers often practice, and hopefully we will have more opportunities to continue this practice.

    Keep commenting! I bet it's the most appreciated thing you can do online.

    ReplyDelete